Analog: Known bugs
Analog: Known bugs
Page last modified: 19-Dec-04
Latest version at the home site
Bugs in version 6.0
Here is a list of known bugs in the current version of analog.
- Analog often crashes under Mac OS X if you specify DNS LOOKUP
or DNS WRITE. The bug seems to be in the OS X internal
libraries, not in analog, and so the only way to avoid it is not to do
Bugs fixed in version 5.92beta1
These bugs in version 5.91beta1 were fixed in 5.92beta1.
- unzip.c fails to compile on some platforms.
- Analog can crash on some platforms if you only specify one argument for
a command that needs two arguments.
Bugs fixed in version 5.91beta1
These bugs in version 5.90beta2 were fixed in 5.91beta1.
- Doesn't compile under OpenVMS.
- SUBORG for a numerical organisation — e.g. SUBORG
131.111.* — doesn't work.
Bugs fixed in version 5.90beta2
These bugs in version 5.90beta1 were fixed in 5.90beta2.
- The XML output crashes under some OS's.
- The XHTML output can have the text "–" in it.
- The filename in an INTSEARCHENGINE command must be specified
in lower case on a case-insensitive filesystem.
Bugs fixed in version 5.31
These bugs in version 5.30 were fixed in 5.31.
- Drag-and-drop of logfiles didn't work on the Mac in version 5.30. This
was fixed in version 5.30a.
- The supplied build scripts for OpenVMS don't work.
- If a host looks like it might have been a range — specifically if
it starts with a number and contains a dash like 121-1-168-192.isp.com
— then it will never match.
Bugs fixed in version 5.30
These bugs in version 5.24 were fixed in 5.30.
- The File Size Report uses fixed strings for the names of the buckets,
not language-specific ones.
- Reports sometimes sort incorrectly if you try to sort them by bytes.
Bugs fixed in version 5.24
These bugs in version 5.23 were fixed in 5.24.
- A few machines crash if you use regular expressions in ALIAS
- Analog doesn't correctly recognise the new Netscape 7 preview release
- User INCLUDEs, EXCLUDEs and ALIASes
don't work properly with USERCASE SENSITIVE.
Bugs fixed in version 5.23
These bugs in version 5.22 were fixed in 5.23.
- Version 5.23 fixed an important form interface
bug which was present in all previous versions.
- Analog can crash on some platforms when writing the output file.
- The program doesn't compile on SCO OpenServer 5 or on any EBCDIC
Bugs fixed in version 5.22
- Version 5.22 fixed a security bug which was
present in all previous versions.
Bugs fixed in version 5.21
This bug in version 5.2 was fixed in 5.21.
- MacHTTP log format doesn't work, because I got the format slightly wrong.
Bugs fixed in version 5.2
This bug in all versions up to 5.1 was fixed in 5.2.
- Analog occasionally crashes under Windows XP when doing DNS lookups, if
the host returns a malformed response.
Go to the analog home page
Need help with analog? Use the
analog-help mailing list.
Stephen Turner, ClickTracks web analytics