This page collects libraries related to GnuPG project.
If you feel wanting to improve this list, please, fill in a Problem Report form.
Libraries required to build GnuPG
The libraries are required to build current GnuPG versions but may also be used on their own. They are maintained by the GnuPG Project.
- Libgpg-error is a helper library used by a couple of other projects to provide a common set of error codes and descriptions.
- Libgcrypt is a general purpose cryptographic library based on the code from GnuPG. It provides functions for all cryptographic building blocks: symmetric ciphers, hash algorithms, MACs, public key algorithms, large integer functions, random numbers and a lot of supporting functions.
- Libassuan is the IPC library used by some GnuPG related software.
- Libksba provides an easy API to create and parse X.509 and CMS related objects.
- The New GNU Portable Threads Library.
Libraries recommended for use with GnuPG
These libraries are not required to build GnuPG but are recommended by the GnuPG Project.
- GnuPG Made Easy is a library designed to make access to GnuPG easier for applications.